Friday, May 13, 2011

Romney "Defends" Romneycare

WASHINGTON D.C.--Mitt Romney gave a major campaign speech yesterday underlining the reasons he instituted "Romneycare", a health care plan in Massachusetts that many say looks and feels like Obamacare.

The former governor said that he felt the health care law in Massachusetts was good for Massachusetts because of states' rights.

"I prefer damage be done on the state level and not federal level. I'm proud of what Massachusetts did because it wasn't the federal government doing it but because we did it to ourselves. I say if you're going to hurt yourself, it's better to do it at the state level. If I'm elected president of the United States, I won't be screwing up anything because I feel like that should only be done on a state or local level." -TS

No comments: