Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All My Readin' Friends

To tune of Hank Williams Jr's "All My Rowdy Friends":

I got ink smudge on my blue jeans, dropped a Bible on my hand
Lord, it's hard to be a reading man.
I got readers who can write, I got readers who can rhyme
I got readers who can do anything in between,
I got to get ready, make everything just right
'cuz all my readin' friends are coming over tonight...

REF:
Do you want a book?
Do you wanna read?
Hey honey this is ole TS,
Ready to get the thing started.
Got BookTV on the set,
Got some tea on ice
And all my readin' friends are coming over tonight....

Now my readin' pad is in the suburb 'hood,
It's long, long way from here to Hollywood,
But I got some natural booksmells out on the floor
And ole Walker Percy's grandson just walked through the door.
Got a little bookroom here just made for ten,
And you can jump out and you can jump in.
You can do anything that you want to do,
But uh uhh, don't you step on my bifocals...

Do you want a book?
Do you wanna read?
Hey this is ole Thomas,
ready to get your winter started.
We got C-Span on the tube and some tea on ice
And all my bloggin' friends are coming over tonight...
Do you want to read, hey do you wanna book?
Hey hey this is rockin' Randall T
Ready to get the wintertime started.
Got Brian Lamb on tap and some tea on ice,
And all my rowdy blogger's coming over tonight.
Dat's right. Come on in!

No comments: